Abortion Effects known as
Dr. Anne Speckhard, Ph.D., in her study on Post Abortion Syndrome, found the following effects on women:
EVENTS RELATED TO ABORTION
· 23% had hallucinations related to the abortion
· 35% perceived visitation from the aborted child
· 54% had nightmares related to the abortion
· 69% experienced feelings of "craziness"
· 73% had flashbacks of abortion experience
· 81% had a preoccupation with the aborted child
MOST COMMON BEHAVIORAL PROBLEMS AFTER ABORTION
· 61% increased their use of alcohol
· 65% had thoughts of suicide
· 69% were sexually inhibited
· 73% had flashbacks of the abortion
· 77% experienced an inability to communicate
· 81% experienced frequent crying
These are many symptoms that women have after an abortion. Some of these include:
Guilt; Anxiety; Psychological "numbing"; Unexplained feelings of sadness; Sudden and uncontrollable crying episodes; Deterioration of self-concept; Sleep, appetite, and sexual disturbances; Disruption in interpersonal relationships; Thoughts of suicide
Flashbacks of abortion experience; Preoccupation with becoming pregnant again; Anxiety over fertility and childbearing issues; Interruption of the bonding process with children; Survival guilt; Eating disorders; Alcohol and drug abuse; Other self-punishing or self-degrading behaviors; A sudden display of psychotic behavior that lasts up to two weeks; Anniversary syndrome.
Read about women that have had abortions and the effect it has had on their lives.
http://www.rachelsvineyard.org/postabortion/affects.htm If you need assistance please call 877-HOPE-4ME (877-467-3463)
These sites offers many additional resources for those who have had abortions.